Quick thanks for this entire forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ritingon

Dec 6, 2020
An hour out of Denver
I've been struggling (hard) to get a 1990 Advantage II-T running. Bought used late spring and, idiotically, only decided to get it going when the weather started to turn around here. It has problem after problem, but searching around old threads has gotten me on the right track and it's at least generating heat.

I still have to pull the (quite stuck) damper rod so I can get to the exhaust fan and give it a good cleaning, but it's magnitudes better than it was. I'm hoping heating the rod up will be enough to break it loose.

So thanks to everyone over the years (Snowy Rivers, you're a life saver and I hope you're still around) for posting good advice, pictures, and useful tips. Without them I'd still be trying to heat a small home with a buddy heater and little else.