Quick Question for a newbie.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TNdave

Sep 17, 2019
Smoky Mountains of TN
Hey, guys new to wood stoves here.... don't shoot me! I recently purchased a used Englander TR-18 (I think) and I just have a few questions. There was a 6'' stove pipe collar that came with it and it appears to have a channel in it for a gasket, but its thinner than the door gasket. Is there a specific one I need? Kit available? It looks to be about a 1/4'' inch thick. There are also a few firebricks that are cracked... is it pertinent I replace those before lighting in this fall? Any help would be great I'm new to all this. Thank you so much and if this has been asked before please just point me in the right direction. The stove is not how its going to be after i finish the walls and hearth just FYI

Attachments

• 20190917_210702.jpg
    20190917_210702.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 20190917_183442.jpg
    20190917_183442.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 57

Thank you for the link! I hope I got a good deal on the stove. I got the stove, stove pipe, and 8ish feet of class A chimney pipe and fittings for $180. I thought is was fair so I jumped on it.

Last edited: