Quick block off plate question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
How tight should the sheetmetal be to the liner on my block off. I have a bunch of roxell to put in it to.

I think you want the liner to be able to move a little, so I'd say not too tight. I guess you could stuff a fat, round stove gasket into that gap. I'm no install expert. Maybe if you cut the Rockwool batt a little smaller so that it fits tight, it's pretty much a non-issue..?

I left mine 1/4" or so all around and let the insulation do the rest. I wasn't thinking so much about expansion as I was about some wiggle room for getting everything back together.

I left mine 1/4" or so all around and let the insulation do the rest. I wasn't thinking so much about expansion as I was about some wiggle room for getting everything back together.
Yeah, most of the possible liner expansion would take place further up, I'd think.

Quick block off plate question

I left a little less than 1/2” then packed with insulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk