Question on Monarch Cook stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

58euro

Jun 1, 2019
Northwest
Hello, hope this is the correct section for this post. We recently picked up a Monarch Malleable wood cook stove model 371NN and have been cleaning it up. One of the things that has me stumped is that I can't seem to open the clean out door under the oven. I assume it's supposed to flip down to open up but can't get it to move. It may be rusted closed or I may just be doing something wrong. If you guys have any advice I'd love to hear it!

I'll try to attach a pic of what the particular model looks like with the clean out door I'm referring to.

Thank you
IMG_4995.JPG

Hello, hope this is the correct section for this post. We recently picked up a Monarch Malleable wood cook stove model 371NN and have been cleaning it up. One of the things that has me stumped is that I can't seem to open the clean out door under the oven. I assume it's supposed to flip down to open up but can't get it to move. It may be rusted closed or I may just be doing something wrong. If you guys have any advice I'd love to hear it!

I'll try to attach a pic of what the particular model looks like with the clean out door I'm referring to.

Thank you
View attachment 244636
They usually just lift up a bit then come out on most cook stoves