Question on installing enviro Boston 1200 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RIMatt

Oct 30, 2018
RI
Hi all,

I finally bought my insert and now I’m getting ready to install the beast in a few days. A question I have is do I seal around the joint between the appliance adapter and the flue collar of the stove? Picture is attached. Also what kind of sheet metal screws are recommended for this?
61F81501-615C-455A-81EC-8AE865E04847.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I finally bought my insert and now I’m getting ready to install the beast in a few days. A question I have is do I seal around the joint between the appliance adapter and the flue collar of the stove? Picture is attached. Also what kind of sheet metal screws are recommended for this? View attachment 251665
No you don't have to seal it and yes you need to use stainless screws to attach it

Last edited:
Reactions: RIMatt