question for elkimmeg

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

squngel

Hearth Supporter
Dec 1, 2006
South Central IN
Elkimmeg if you would take a look at the stove in this link I'd appreciate it. Seller is calling it a "Franklin Resolute."
It looks a little like a VC to me so I was hoping you could tell me if it might be an older version of the VC Resolute or if there actually was a Franklin Resolute.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=250070938618&rd=1&rd=1

To change the subject slightly, FEO somebody has got 25 new in box VC Seville's for sale CHEAP on ebay if anyone cares. It looked tempting to me until I searched here and found your post saying it'd been discontinued & wasn't such a great stove. Thanks for all the good information.

squngel

The Seville was an ok stove, no problems that I really remember. Just wasn't a popular model. Personally I thought the thing was ugly.

Seville was discontinued about 4/5 years back. It was not a popular seller and when it came time for re-certification the decision was made to drop production
However at 699 it starts looking like an alternative option. The same seller was selling then not that long ago fo $899.
also Vc did not need two stoves in the same heat range t it is about the same as the Intrepid II

Thanks guys. Yes it looks like a heck of a deal. I think I've decided to head out to my local Lowe's today instead and pick up one of the half-price Centurys instead, even cheaper. (At least I'll quit asking questions about stoves :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.