Question about my fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

2k1dakotaman

Dec 9, 2017
Louisiana
Good evening all i have a quick question i live in louisiana and just bought this house about 4 months ago it has two fireplaces one inside and one outside i was wondering if i can burn wood in the one inside it has a place to put wood on and has a gas line coming out the wall but also has a cap on it.. i have found the model number it is WRT3042ws i called the guy and asked him. He said it can burn both i just wanna make sure and dont cause no issues with this house

yes that is exactly what is it. i was just wondering with the gas line on the side it does have a cap on it just wanted to make sure it was good thank you again

Could have been a gas log set in the fireplace at one time or a gas fire starter. There should be a service valve somewhere for this line. If you are concerned, shut off the service valve. It wouldn't hurt to have the chimney swept and inspected to make sure the fireplace is good to go.

the house is 2 years old and never been used the guy said. but he set it up for the gas to start the wood and once it started he said he would turn off the gas to it and be good. the house got struck by lighting on the outside chimney. So he did use the one inside but got a new one installed after everything happened. it has the blocks on the back like my old house has so that maybe me think it was wood also