Quadrofire Santa Fe no power!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gt5228

Nov 3, 2013
Belding mi
Quadrofire Santa Fe no power!! Quadrofire Santa Fe no power!! I have an 05 quadrofire Santa Fe. It was running good the other day when all the sudden the fan that blows out the hot air turned off. I then realize that the other fan wasn't working either... It still had power at this point but no matter what I did i couldn't get it running again. I tried checking the fuse on the power box, i reset the snap switch on the auger feed tube and on the bottom of the inside of the stove in the pic. Now, a few days later it doesent seem to have any power whatsoever, i know the plug is good, the breakers in my basement are all good, what is going on? Pic 2 is the controle box? That is beside the power box, could it be one of these?

Attachments

• Quadrofire Santa Fe no power!!
    image.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 90
Did you check the terminals where your thermostat wires attach? If one of those is broken off or disconnected it will not let the stove power up. Another thing to check, making sure it is unplugged first, is to gently pull the control box out and reset it in, as some times they get bumped or separated enough to disconnect the electrical circuit to the stove. Or your control box could be cooked.

In the 2nd pic which is the controle box? The left or right? I did check fuse on the metallic box on the left. Is there another?
And the outlet deff works, I have something plugged into the same and I've even tried switching them and they both work

Did you check the terminals where your thermostat wires attach? If one of those is broken off or disconnected it will not let the stove power up. Another thing to check, making sure it is unplugged first, is to gently pull the control box out and reset it in, as some times they get bumped or separated enough to disconnect the electrical circuit to the stove. Or your control box could be cooked.
I have reseted the controle box, and the thermostat wires look great...

I guess Scott is advocating for 'the BFF' - bigger f'in foot method...... Assuming the power cord isn't cut or cooked (possible, though unlikely), it seems more likely that it is your control box that's cooked. At 8 yrs + of age, probably near it's functional life span, depending on how many burn hours you have on it.

It was fortunate that when my 9 year old Quad control box gave up the ghost that my local dealer let me swap in a box from his floor demo model, that confirmed it was indeed a cooked control box.

Status
Not open for further replies.