Quadrafire Santa Fe pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

craftdaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Oxford,MA
Just recently bought this insert a few days ago never had one before so I have a ton of questions.

1. Currently running green surpreme 50% hardwood 50% softwood. What is the best to run in the specific stove?

2. I have the feed rate a little above the middle setting as I felt the default setting from the installers wasn't feeding enough pellets.

3. I am using the quadrifier thermostat that came with the insert. It seems to heat over the set temperature turns off but some cases doesn't turn back on and drops way below the set temperature but doesn't happen all the time.

It's heating up about 400 plus square feet The thermostat for the oil reaches about 72 to 74 where the quadrifier thermostat is reading probably 75 to 77 because the thermostat is closer to the stove.

1. Currently running green surpreme 50% hardwood 50% softwood. What is the best to run in the specific stove?

2. I have the feed rate a little above the middle setting as I felt the default setting from the installers wasn't feeding enough pellets.

3. I am using the quadrifier thermostat that came with the insert. It seems to heat over the set temperature turns off but some cases doesn't turn back on and drops way below the set temperature but doesn't happen all the time.

It's heating up about 400 plus square feet The thermostat for the oil reaches about 72 to 74 where the quadrifier thermostat is reading probably 75 to 77 because the thermostat is closer to the stove.

#1 - The type of pellet that you burn is a personal preference. Some like to burn what ever is cheapest and deal with more ash, while others like to burn more expensive pellets and have less ash which means less cleaning.

#2 - Your owners manual will explain how to properly adjust your feed rate. It goes by flame height while burning on high.

#3 - I am not familiar with the thermostat. Does it have a differential that can be set? How well a thermostat works is sometimes related to the placement of it. Is it on an exterior wall?

Assuming you have the Mechanical Quadrafire thermostat.

Take cover off thermostat and move anticipator in direction of shorter cycles to lessen temperature over shoot.