Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE - Battery cord

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dmathieu

Hearth Supporter
Oct 30, 2008
Litchfield, NH
Hey guys,

The battery cord (12VCORD-AE ) to hookup a batter is $60+ which seems like a ripoff. Does anyone know what connector is being used to plug into the stove, I would like to make the cable myself.

Thanks
Dave

i would dare say you will need to spend some time researching this specialty plug on Mouser or Digikey. most any picture i get of the plug is strategically photographed with the mfg name not visable. Or maybe someone that see this post that has one could get a good pic of the name n #

Reactions: kappel15
i would dare say you will need to spend some time researching this specialty plug on Mouser or Digikey. most any picture i get of the plug is strategically photographed with the mfg name not visable. Or maybe someone that see this post that has one could get a good pic of the name n #
I’ll try to get one while I’m at work Monday, if I remember. I don’t carry those on my van or I’d stumble out to it and check. Very few of my customers use that option because it just isn’t that practical to always have a fully charged and fairly new deep culver battery ready at hand for most people. Even when we still sold the AE I told people to buy a 800 dollar generator/ inverter for a backup and charge their phone and run the tv while they were staying warm.