quadrafire convection blower question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpodolski

Hearth Supporter
Aug 5, 2007
when in the cycle does it turn on? started it and 10 minutes later it still hasn't started and voltage to it is still minimal

Normally it takes about 10 minutes. You have bypassed the snap disk? Sometimes it takes longer but not usually..

What kind of stove do you have? Don't bypass the snap disk unless you unplug first. You can fry your snap disc. I've done it before. Whenever you try anything with the electronics side, always unplug first!

jburner said:
What kind of stove do you have? Don't bypass the snap disk unless you unplug first. You can fry your snap disc. I've done it before. Whenever you try anything with the electronics side, always unplug first!

jburner,

You are correct! SAFETY FIRST PEOPLE! Someones life may be taken from use! We all say just bypass this! I think we all should consider that we may be dealing with a beginner. Someone with no electrical knowledge.

From now on, We should add the UNPLUG FIRST!

THIS IS NO JOKE!

jay

it is a quadrafire contour. SO if I bypass span disk one (purple leads) this should start the room blower correct?

Worst case scenario is the CPU box. what is the Contour, is that like the Santa Fe?

Yes purple wires should be for the fan. Unplug it and add a jumper in there then plug back in. As soon as you call for heat convection blower should come on.

If that works, then I would let it run 30 mins, if no convection fan, replace the snap disc.

had the fluke on DC at first,thought it was a dc motor for some reason...once I pulled my head out I realized i had 120 to the motor so it is definiteley the convection motor. Any idea what these go for?

does anyone know what the convection fan item number is I have found both 812-3370 and 812-4900. so sights have one or the other listed as the correct one

starling310 said:
Hey everyone. I'm new here. What do you mean when you say "create a jumper?" or, "bypass" something?

It means that you should probably call the dealer or an electrician or, if you stick your hands in there, call 911. Sorry, but I'm giving a wise crack way of saying that you probably shouldn't be messing with it if you don't even know how to jump two terminals together.

Just thought I would drop in. My Mt Vernon non AE takes 14-16 minutes to start blowing

Totally OT.... MSG, I miss you, how's the kido(s)?

That typed, I miss Frank and Dylan too! Too funny, I need to have another beer or two.....

tjnamtiw said:
starling310 said:
Hey everyone. I'm new here. What do you mean when you say "create a jumper?" or, "bypass" something?

It means that you should probably call the dealer or an electrician or, if you stick your hands in there, call 911. Sorry, but I'm giving a wise crack way of saying that you probably shouldn't be messing with it if you don't even know how to jump two terminals together.

Got my thermostat hooked up and running without any major incidents. So, thanks. ;)
I've done some electrical before...I think I was more confused by which terminals to use on the 5 wire thermostat I had vs. the 2 wire stove. But, I figured it out.

starling310 said:
Got my thermostat hooked up and running without any major incidents. So, thanks. ;)
I've done some electrical before...I think I was more confused by which terminals to use on the 5 wire thermostat I had vs. the 2 wire stove. But, I figured it out.

No problem. You just scared me with your question about jumpers. As for the thermostat, did you use the W and Rh terminals?

tjnamtiw said:
starling310 said:

No problem. You just scared me with your question about jumpers. As for the thermostat, did you use the W and Rh terminals?

I am naturally inclined to be scared of Electric work, so I tend to be extra cautious!
Yes, I used the W and Rh terminals with a jumper between the Rh and Rc terminals.
It's working like a charm.

starling310 said:
I am naturally inclined to be scared of Electric work, so I tend to be extra cautious!
Yes, I used the W and Rh terminals with a jumper between the Rh and Rc terminals.
It's working like a charm.

If you got the Ritetemp thermostat, you don't need the jumper between the Rh and Rc terminals since the little jumper at the top does that for you. Plus the stove doesn't cool..... looks cool, but doesn't cool..... ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.