Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200FS died, quit, just stopped working tonight!!! ?#%&## KaPut!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Well, I had just cleaned the stove and fired it back up and it was running for about an hour.

Then all of a sudden, the fans stopped, the auger stopped feeding pellets and it went completely silent. WTF!!
Aren't pellet stoves fun!!! They are just full of surprises!! LOL

All there was left was a real lazy flame!!!

So I went around back and pulled the AC cord out of the stove and plugged it back in.
Everything started to work again!! It was fine!!! LOL That was good news!!! Whew!!

Then I shut the stove down and examined the AC line cord. It did not fit tight when plugged into the stove!!
It is just like a computer cord and I have a few new ones just lying around the basement!!

So I got a new one and plugged it in. If fit real tight. That is good!!
JUST Maybe that is also the reason for the low pellet issue! We will see next time I fire it up from a cold start!
see thread "Quadrafire Classic Bay CB1200FS False Starts?"
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/91777/
If the AC connector is cold it contracts and may not make as good a connection. That could stop the auger.
Possible so I will see with further testing!!! Bad connections can cause lots of issues!!

See pics!

1st pic shows new AC cord on left with blue arrow and old cord on right with red arrow
Notice all the age of the old 3 prong plug on right with all the discoloration and corrosion. That also makes a weak connection!
2nd pic shows AC connection in back of stove next to T-Stat Connection block
3rd pic shows new AC cord plugged in.

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200FS died, quit, just stopped working tonight!!! ?#%&## KaPut!
    CB1200AClinecordbad (2)sc.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 223
  • [Hearth.com] Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200FS died, quit, just stopped working tonight!!! ?#%&## KaPut!
    CB1200AClinecordbad (4)sc.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 263
    CB1200AClinecordbad (5)sc.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 218
Hello

Well, I tried stove this AM at 40 Deg F and it started fine!!

see thread “Quadrafire Classic Bay CB1200FS False Starts?â€
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/91777/

Also see thread:
Remote Reset Button for Quadrafire Classic Bay CB1200 FS !!! How to Remotely warm your shed with a Pellet Stove!
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/91372/P66/

Could be the AC cord. Will do more testing!

These stoves are built like tanks!!

Since I put the New AC cord in, it has started every time!!! Which goes to show Pellet Stoves need good electrical connections!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.