Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Twyla

Nov 6, 2019
Molalla OR
I got this stove used, have added some new parts, it's been working pretty decent. But I had noticed that the fire pot gasket was all but not there. Just a few little bits of it. So I replaced it last night, but now the flame seems a bit lazy tall and sooty with some build up of pellets in the fire pot... What in the world could be my problem now?

Both pot floors closed? All holes in pot clear, esp. the smaller ones? is exhaust path clear? This means thru stove and exhaust. Is the flame height set, according to manual ?
kap

Reactions: Former Farmer
Thank you Kap, your comment reminded me to check the clean out door under the pot. After lifting the pot to put the new gasket on. Remembered that when I lift the pot the little lever separates and I have to really pay attention to realign it when setting the pot back in.