Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200 hoper switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JGroUSMC

Dec 1, 2015
Slatington, PA
Recently I have had a problem with the hopper switch on my Classic Bay 1200. It thinks the hopper is open when it is not and won't drop pellets. I was told my an employee at my local store that it is an ongoing issue with the CB1200s. He said to open up the side panel on the left side of the stove and unplug both wires coming from the hopper. Is it that easy? I don't think that sounds right. Thanks for any help!

He only told you half the procedure. After you pull the wires you need to connect them together and insulate them so they can’t touch the stove frame.

The hopper switch on those plugs in sequence at the vacuum switch. So, you literally can unplug the wires coming from the hopper lid switch, plug your wire you disconnected from the lid switch to the vs and your good to go. You can wire the lid switch wires together and insulate them but they won’t have power running through them so it’s not going to hurt anything. On another note, if you actually want a lid switch have you looked to see if the magnet on the right side of the lid just needs bent back so it can line up with the switch?