Quadrafire Castile issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KeithH

Nov 4, 2013
Oxford mass
hey guys. It’s the coldest weather we have had in a long time and naturally all hell is breaking loose. I have a frozen pipe somewhere in my house preventing me from getting heat and now my pellet stove no longer works.

At some point during the night the auger stopped feeding pellets and now I can’t get it to start up again. I tried emptying the hopper hoping with some luck that the auger was jambed but that is not the case. My manual says it could be a faulty snap disc but how can I tell for sure?

It’s a quadrafire castille originally purchased around 2005. It is not an insert.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try bypassing the vacuum switch using jumper wires

Reactions: kappel15
One thing to try as well is unplug the stove for a min or 2. i have had the odd time when i was learning the stove that i would set a error code. Would not clear until i unplugged the unit

Jump the wires together on the vac switch, being careful not to ground it out on the stove. Then turn tstat up to call for heat. Does the red call light come on? Does the exhaust fan come on? Let us know. kap

Jump the wires together on the vac switch, being careful not to ground it out on the stove. Then turn tstat up to call for heat. Does the red call light come on? Does the exhaust fan come on? Let us know. kap
+1, also... one (or two?) of the snap disks is manually resettable, with a small red button in the center. Press it to reset the snap disk. Several years ago I had one trip a few times... fixed it by replacing a very weak convection blower.