quadrafire 3100 Millennium

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

MS. V

Hearth Supporter
Dec 1, 2009
NW FLORIDA
My Fiance and I just had our brand new Quad 3100 installed . Im new to wood burning and my fiance is out of country. Trying to learn the stove and how it works. i have read thru the manuals operating instructions ,but still having trouble. The glass gets black when i build afire and the fire dies down also after awhile. What am i doing wrong. My fiance suggested i come here for help so im waiting on some advice.

Probably the biggest problems you have right now is that it is 60 degrees and raining in most of NW Florida. Not ideal conditions for getting a fire started in a wood stove.

You're going to have to be a bit more specific about your problem if you want some help. Most fires do die down after a while, hopefully.

Black glass is usually from the wood not being dried out enough. Should be split and stacked to dry for 2 years before burning for best results. Other possibility is too small of a fire, or bad draft due to weather conditions.

With a new wood burner, wet wood is the #1 problem.

Ms. V. , you wouldn't perchance be the better half of Fla. boy, would you? No problem if so, you are very welcome here. Just curious.

If you have seasoned wood try using smaller splits till you get an established coal bed. Then when you throw on a larger split observe before you damper down. If the fire dies the wood is unseasoned, if the wood takes off and cleans up the glass your good to go, just don't damper down too much and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.