quadrafire 2100i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommystunes

Hearth Supporter
Dec 15, 2010
McAlester,OK
New Guy here,but I have lurked from time to time.

My old quadrafire insert has been wonderful,but when cleaning this fall I realized the ceramic blanket was partially missing.(hole directly beneath the flue connection)
I had never paid much attention to it before,and it appeared to partially blocking the fire box.
Since reading up on the innerwebs ,it appears that the baffle ,and the blanket should be all the way to the rear of the insert.Is this correct?

Yes, that baffle and blanket should be all the way tot he rear of the fire box.
This helps keep temps in the fire box high, and makes the smoke take the long way around
to the flue exit, so that it can be burned up along the way. This is the reason for the high efficency in
most newer stoves. If your baffle has a hole in it, you will benifit from getting it replaced: more heat - from less wood.

Wood Heat Stoves said:
might want to replace the baffle soon then, (before quad stops offering it...)

p/n 832-0080

Almost afraid to ask. Why would quad stop offering replacement baffles?

northwinds said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
might want to replace the baffle soon then, (before quad stops offering it...)

p/n 832-0080

Almost afraid to ask. Why would quad stop offering replacement baffles?

cuzz quad is not quad anymore, they are- hht, and they are all about profit. if they dont sell enough parts to be profitable they discontinue them,

like they have for so many models already :(

Thanks for the reply. That makes me feel better in a bittersweet way. There's got to be plenty of profit
in the somewhat fragile baffles.

Yes, northwind ,the baffle in my 2100 insert appears to be 1/4 inch steel.(far from fragile)

I hadn't considered ordering one ,but I might. Is there any reason anew one couldn' t be easily fabbed out of plate steel?

My bad. I was talking about the lightweight fiberboard under the insulation blanket on my 2700i. I haven't had
any trouble with my insert fiberboard but have had some problems with fragility in the similar material that is on my
Isle Royale. Mixing terms and model numbers, I guess.

Yes, as a fellow 2700i owner I'm familiar with that board baffle. After ginergly handling the last time I cleaned it before this season, I will be replacing it next fall. Not cheap, either! Time to look for a generic replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.