Quadrafire 1200i snap disk 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

jo43jo

Sep 25, 2013
Hi, is there a direct replacement for snap disc 1
that is around 110f to 115f ?
I feel with the 125f disc the 1200i takes too long to blow warm air and stops too soon.
Is there such a snap disc available?
Thanks Jo

Something like this perhaps? (broken link removed)

Or something like this?
(broken link removed)

Thanks for the guick reply, but I
Don't think they will fit
the original mounting hole.
I find it hard to believe that no
One makes a snap disc with a
110f to 115f that will not fit the
the original mounting hole!

Thanks Again Jo

You could try loosening the screws that hold it in place they have put them on so tight over the last few years after the stove went to china that they would not even turn on. Also the cleaner the stove stays the more heat that gets transferred. How old is it?

Hi, The insert is 3 years old. And I
keep it Very clean. I only wish it
Would start blowing warm air
Sooner. I'm sure a 110 degree
snap disk would be perfect. But
I can't find one of that size.

Thanks for the guick reply, but I
Don't think they will fit
the original mounting hole.
I find it hard to believe that no
One makes a snap disc with a
110f to 115f that will not fit the
the original mounting hole!

Thanks Again Jo

Call grainger they will answer questions with as many control switches that they sell there is likely one that will fit the bill, err mounting hole and have the temperature characteristics you seek, be advised however that going to low on the snap disc can lead to a blower running during days when the room temperature is high.

Last edited:
. I'm sure a 110 degree snap disk would be perfect. But I can't find one of that size.

Call a quad dealer and order the santa-fe fs snap disc #1 it is 110-120 i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.