Quadrafire 1200 Classic Bay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Prb3672

Feb 13, 2021
West Virginia
Just leaving this as it may help someone else. I have 2 of these pellet stoves. One I purchased new and one used. I noticed the used stove was not burning as well as my newer one. I tried different fuels and always had the same thing, a lazy flame and lots of soothing. I put in a new combustion blower , the one in it had a loud noise, and this helped but I still had alot of sooting on the glass. I noticed no gasket visible under the fire pot so I ordered one and a new pot while I was at it. WOW what a difference. Heat output jumped from 250° all the way up to over 300. No more sooting either. Just thought this may help someone else seeing these problems.

Reactions: Ssyko
Just leaving this as it may help someone else. I have 2 of these pellet stoves. One I purchased new and one used. I noticed the used stove was not burning as well as my newer one. I tried different fuels and always had the same thing, a lazy flame and lots of soothing. I put in a new combustion blower , the one in it had a loud noise, and this helped but I still had alot of sooting on the glass. I noticed no gasket visible under the fire pot so I ordered one and a new pot while I was at it. WOW what a difference. Heat output jumped from 250° all the way up to over 300. No more sooting either. Just thought this may help someone else seeing these problems.
Classic Bay 1200 by quadrafire