Quadra Fire Santa Fe problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Camkab70

Dec 5, 2019
Pa
We have a Quadra Fire Santa Fe pellet insert and cannot get it to work without bypassing the vacuum switch. We have replaced the door gasket, the fire pot gasket, thermocouple, and the vacuum switch plus cleaned the entire system and it still won’t work and does not make vacuum. Our flame is high and it’s putting a lot of suet inside the fire box. Anyone have any suggestions?

Is the vacuum switch installed correctly?
If it's installed upside down, it won't function correctly...
Don't ask me how I know this...

Pull out the stove and pull the combustion blower and clean it and the chamber it is mounted in. All paths through the stove needs to be ash free, from the burn pot to the chimney cap

We clean the entire stove and the pipe as far as we could little to no ash in the pipe.You’re going to pull the stove out and take it to the garage or outside and blow it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have replace door gasket fire pit gasket thermostat snap 2 disc. There coupler vacuum hose

Does the vac switch have 1 or 2 hose connections? Is there a gasket around the ash pan opening?

Sounds like something is still dirty. kap

Cleaned and blew out stove ran brush up thru pipe Put in new pipe flu gasket hooked up vacuum. Would not feed pellets. We bypass vacuum switch and it feeds pellets. We are losing vacuuming somewhere and we don’t know what’s next we tried everything

You say you cleaned the hose on vac switch. Did you clean the nipple it attaches to on the auger tube? But none of this explains the tall lazy flames and real dirty glass. That is usually from dirty exhaust, or firepot floor not closing all the way. Check and make sure there is no more then a dimes width gap on back of pot floor. All holes are open in pot, esp. the 8 small ones. Four in angle of pot and four in front wall of pot. And just because a vac swith is new, doesn't mean it works. Esp if it after market. Folks have been having alot of issues with after market parts.kap

The hose is clear ,the nipple is clear. The fire pot is closed the whole way.All The Holes in pot are open.

How old is the exhaust fan? Could it have lost some power with age and not running as fast as it should? Could cause the vac issue and the bad flames and dirty glass. kap

When you changed the door gasket did you gasket only the top and two sides leaving the bottom open. That is the proper way. Never gasket all the way around on a Santa Fe.

Reactions: kappel15
Depending on age of stove too, if top or bottom is open. kap

Well we got a new blower and put in I also replaced the snap disc and three . While we had the stove out. We replace the vacuum switch it is supposed to be straight up and down while we have to have it on an angle because it will not feed pellets. Woke up to 67° in the house I turn the thermostat off and hit the reset. Got the house warmed up I had some running to do and deliver Christmas cookies. I just got home is now 62° in the house why is the stove acting the way it is. We have you placed everything that we could except the control panel and the auger motor. We are at a loss we do not know what to do next

You haven't replied to comment on how you installed door gasket. Did you leave top or bottom open? It depends on year of stove. 2005 and older, you leave the top open. There are only so many things that affect the vacuum. kap