Quadra fire Pioneer 3 - Firebrick Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

poi3

Sep 29, 2024
USA
My Pioneer 3 will be going into its fourth season this year. At the end of last season, I noticed a few of the floor fire bricks were worn out. I contacted the dealer, and they quoted me $46 per replacement firebrick. I ordered two and replaced them, but I'm surprised at the high cost.

Does anyone know of any alternative firebricks that would be suitable? I've done some online research and found that the Pioneer 3 uses non-standard size bricks. Standard bricks are typically 9 inches long, while Quadra Fire bricks are 13.25 inches.

Would it be possible to use a combination of a 9-inch brick and a 4.25-inch brick to replace the worn-out ones? If I could do this, it would significantly reduce the cost. However, I want to make sure this solution is suitable and won't damage the fireplace in any way.