Quadra Fire Classic Bay HELP NEEDED

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jsouthern

Nov 14, 2020
Wyoming
First off, I know nothing about these, was in the house when I bought it and it seems to have issues and isn't real reliable. But could usually get it going again. It did not look to be taken care of when we got it.

But it is now starting up and running through a couple to four or five cycles controlled by the thermostat just fine, then all the sudden it will completely shut off, no call light, no fans, like it list all power in the middle of a burn cycle with the flame still going and smokes up the house. Any suggestions, waiting on a call from the service company to get it looked at but might be a while.

there is an over limit switch (that is resettable) on the auger tube by the auger motor. you will have to open the rt side door (as you face the front of the stove) there is a triangular trim panel that needs to come off then you can look with a flashlight in the small gap to the auger tube. that will kill power to the stove due to an over heat issue. if you reset it you need to watch the stove and see why it is over heating.

Yes, I know what you are talking about, the snap disc with the button. I forgot but I replaced it during this latest episode and have bypassed it totally with the same result.

There are 3 snap discs. #2 and #3 will shut shut the entire system down. #3 is located on the auger in the hopper. #2 is located behind the right side door. If these are working properly then it's an overheating issue or a board problem. I had an alternator that tested fine until it got warm then it would fail. Strange stuff happens during expansion.

If the stove exhausts out the wall, make sure no paper wasps have clogged the vent. If it vents through the roof, there should be an access plate for cleaning the vent near the elbow. Too much debris restricts the air flow. Also, behind the ash pan there is a plate. Remove the 4 screws and see how much debris has accumulated; pain in the arse getting a hose in there.

Just my .02

Have you checked power to your outlet the stove is plugged into?
Ok
snap disc #1 controls the convection blower
Snap disc #2 controls the feed/auger
Snap disc #3 controls the power to the stove and components.
If you jumped #3 and it does not run you need a new control box

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldmanwinter