Quadra Fire Castile wireless thermostat ? what type can I buy ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeman

Hearth Supporter
Oct 31, 2008
brookfield ma
Recently installed a castile pellet stove, I can be wire with a wireless thermostat (sold by the shop but very expensive) I am sure there is a less expensive type that I can buy on line but what type? . the Manuel calls for:

“ A 12 volt AC thermostat is required to operate this pellet
appliance. You may use the included wall mount thermostat
or purchase an optional programmable thermostat
or remote control. It is equipped with an adjustable
heat anticipator. The current rating is .05 amps. The
anticipator needs to be adjusted to the lowest setting
available.”
I looked at the wiring diagrams from other stoves and do not see any significant differences. Has anyone use a skytech 3301 on this type of stove ?. any help would be appreciated.

I have the Skytech 3301p (I think) wireless thermostat. Works great and easy to install. I got it from Ebay for just over $100 shipped.

I just checked and it is the Skytech 3301p. Works great and much cheaper than what the dealer offers.

I think the manual is out of date, the thermostat sent with the stove is 24 volt.

Did your's come with the Lux thermostat like mine , the box says 24 volt.

I was told by a Quad tech the manual is out of date, any 24 volt thermostat should work.

Any low volt thermostat will work. Quad sells a wireless thermostat FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.