Quadra Fire Castile - Solid Green Light on. No feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nmg13mx

Jan 11, 2016
Westminster, MD
My Castile has a solid green light on at the control box. Red call light is also on. Sounds like one of the fans is running but it is not feeding which is obviously causing it not to ignite. Its getting cold...any help would be great!

Sounds like your thermocouple is acting up. Time to pull the thermocouple cover off and check the end to see if it is cracked. Also check that it is touching the inside end of the cover, and check wire connections. And it must be sticking at least 3/4" into the firepot area. You can also use a voltmeter set to millivolts to test it. Hook wires to ends and heat the end of the thermocouple. If it produces voltage it is good. Check connections. Worse case scenario, it is the control box if all else works. One other thing to try is to unplug stove, pull control box out, and reseat it to make sure it is in properly. Then plug stove back in. Any time you are removing or installing a control box, stove needs to be unplugged or you can toast the control box. kap

Ended up loosening the auger. A good bit of pellet dust fell out. I put the auger back in and started working so I assume that was the issue. I'm still going to check the thermocouple because the flame is not consistent and think that may have something to do with it.

Usually a constant green light with no flame, points to a thermocouple issue. The firepot has to reach 200* for the green light to come on, and stove to start feeding pellets again. When the stove hits 600*, the red light will come on. But there have been issues with pellets that are so long, they bridged the drop chute opening, and get taken to the top of the auger, and start building and jamming up there. I just worked on a stove that had this issue. It was an off brand pellet that I had never seen around here, and there were pellets over 2" in the bag. But he had no light issues. Glad you are up and running tho. Stay warm. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.