Quadra-fire 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoss5504

Feb 4, 2015
Silver City NM
So the stove will start up and run like normal, Then after the thermostat is no longer calling for heat it will start the shut down procedure and during this (I have not timed it) the exhaust blower will shut off while the room blower is still blowing and there is embers in the fire pot, and then inside the house starts to smell of smoke?? Any ideas guys?

Last edited:
So the stove will start up and run like normal, Then after the thermostat is no longer calling for heat it will start the shut down procedure and during this (I have not timed it) the exhaust blower will shut off while the room blower is still blowing and there is embers in the fire pot, and then inside the house starts to smell of smoke?? Any ideas guys?
Snap disk is kicking off too early is my guess or thermocoupler is on its way out or not pushed into the cover all the way.

Sorry, my bad I was mixing up the convection and combustion blowers. Snap disks 1 and 2 related to the convection fan and 3 is for the entire system for a reset if it gets too hot. How long after the stove stops feeding and call light goes out does the combustion fan shut down? Mine runs for at least 10 mins. Almost wondering if the control box is having an issue. It is not unusual if the convection fan turns off after the combustion fan but smoke in the house is definitely not a good thing, Check for leaks around the door and connections in the exhaust. May not leak at start up but is when the fan shuts off.

Also look at this post and the diagram for what is suppose to happen and how long.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...use-n-replacing-it.136706/page-3#post-1837467

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.