Quad Classic Bay 1200i Insert - Convection Blower Bearings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Acolar

Hearth Supporter
Dec 12, 2008
Midwest
I installed the unit July 2008. Pulled it out for major overhaul/cleaning. Removed convection blower and tore down to clean.
Found one of the bearings was bad - difficult to turn and slght grinding, other bearing operated smoothly. Put all back together and
blower will not turn on LOW speed, moves slowly on MED speed if you help start it by hand, moves on its own when on HIGH speed.
Will be removing again to replace bearings - has anyone replaced the bearings on their convection blower?
If so what part number or manufacturer of bearing did you use ?

Thanks

Tony

I replace the whole blower assembly when they go out. PN 812-4900 if you find a good source for those bearings where you don’t have to buy them by the hundreds let me know, but those motors are throwaways.

Reactions: Ssyko and kappel15