Quad 7100 going away, replaced by the Pioneer 3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pmurchie

Hearth Supporter
Oct 8, 2010
Northeast Ohio
I was set to purchase a quad 7100 for our home remodel/ addition that we finally started after a couple years of planning. Apparently the 7100 is no longer available and has been replaced by the pioneer 3.
Does anyone have strong thoughts on this new model compared to the 7100?
Or has anyone observed a 7100 for sale near them?

Thanks

There have been and will continue to be a host of new models coming out to meet the 2020 deadline. Some will be minor tweaks of an existing design, some will have major changes, and others will be new designs. It's going to take a while for the dust to settle here and a year or two for full-season reports to start filtering in.

It looks like Quad has adapted their SmartBurn technology to the fireplace to meet 2020 standards. One funny note. There is a 7-day programmable thermostat included. Now if only the stove could burn for 7 days on a single loading.

Hi. Where did you end up with this? I'm in the same situation as you. I installed a Quadra fire 7100 into my house in 2010 and love it. Now, we are planning on building a new house (central Illinois area) and I was set on putting in another 7100, but then discovered they discontinued it due to EPA requirements. I was very disappointing to find this out.

After reading the the install manual on the Pioneer 3, one difference that I see is the 7100 recirculated the air from right below the firebox, but it looks like the Pioneer 3 requires duct work to pull cold air from another location, which seems like it would complicate the installation and require more room in the chase accommodate the additional duct work. Also, the 7100 had manual inlet air controls vs a thermostat control for the Pioneer 3.

The Pioneer 2 seems to be very similar to the 7100 though a little smaller. There's not a lot of reviews or information out there on these two fireplaces, so any feedback would be appreciated.

I would like to find another 7100, so if anyone knows of one available somewhere, let me know.

Thanks.

Hi. Where did you end up with this? I'm in the same situation as you. I installed a Quadra fire 7100 into my house in 2010 and love it. Now, we are planning on building a new house (central Illinois area) and I was set on putting in another 7100, but then discovered they discontinued it due to EPA requirements. I was very disappointing to find this out.

After reading the the install manual on the Pioneer 3, one difference that I see is the 7100 recirculated the air from right below the firebox, but it looks like the Pioneer 3 requires duct work to pull cold air from another location, which seems like it would complicate the installation and require more room in the chase accommodate the additional duct work. Also, the 7100 had manual inlet air controls vs a thermostat control for the Pioneer 3.

The Pioneer 2 seems to be very similar to the 7100 though a little smaller. There's not a lot of reviews or information out there on these two fireplaces, so any feedback would be appreciated.

I would like to find another 7100, so if anyone knows of one available somewhere, let me know.

Thanks.
Did you fine the 7100? I have an extra brand new, never used, Mission Hill Front, still in the box if you are interested. $500 plus shipping from 81632. Feels like it weighs around 40lbs.