Pulled the trigger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Good going! Have you figured out if it'll fit? Do you have the pedestal base, along with the legs? I'd leave the legs alone, and shorten the pedestal before anything else. I don't understand why you'd want to cut down the front of the damper, don't really know what you're refering to.

Got the last 13-NCH at HD today. The clearance price was $519. About a month ago it was $535 in store and online with free delivery. The manager at the store said they wouldn't go lower so I went to Lowes to get the price match + 10% but it was special order so the price match doesn't work. So I waited and HD dropped to $519 2 weeks ago in store and on line. I asked the manager again if they would go lower since I could get the same price online with free shipping to my door. Again rejected. Last night I went online to check the price and it went up to $1050. :ahhh: SOMEBODY GET ME A PHONE!!!
I'm not even sure its going to fit in my fireplace. I will definitely need to shorten the legs and possible cut the front of the damper. I'm think-in even if I can't get it to fit I can sell it for more then $519.
The 30 NCH is going for $649. That's tempting! But I just got one in Dec. so I'm not sure what I would do with another.

The damper inside the fire place. I have already cut the back of it out for the current stove (Avalon 745) to connect to a liner. I will need to lower the 13 as low as possible so the top flue can turn back at about a 45 to exit the fireplace damper. The issue is getting the stove low enough and back into the fireplace. The other issue will be with the blower on the back to get the heat out of the fireplace, the stove is pushed forward a little more.
I haven't pick up the stove at HD yet. Once I get it home I'll see what I'm dealing with.

Thanks. Will give Englander a call Mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.