Ps40 stove still not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mcam13

Mar 1, 2020
New york
Ok so last year i got two ps40 stoves. One works fine, one didnt work at all. The dead one had a bad control board. I had the board repaired.

i tried to fire it up to sell it, and it feeds, will not ignite. I put a new igniter in, now the new igniter glows orange as it should. Stove still will not burn however.

i let the stove go for 20 minutes and there wasnt even one ember in the burn pot. The stove gives no error lights, unless you open the front door, which i assume is the vacuum switch working as intended.

anyway, where should i go from here. Id really like to get this running so i can sell it

Sounds like one or both of 2 things.
#1 Igniter isn't properly aligned with the edge of the burn pot.
#2 Not enough air flow through the bottom of the pot.
The igniter itself doesn't really start the fire. The heated airflow from around it does. The pellets start from spontaneous combustion as they're heated by the airflow. If the igniter is properly aligned then I would look for a blockage in the fresh air intake duct.
Ron

Reactions: Ssyko
Sounds like one or both of 2 things.
#1 Igniter isn't properly aligned with the edge of the burn pot.
#2 Not enough air flow through the bottom of the pot.
The igniter itself doesn't really start the fire. The heated airflow from around it does. The pellets start from spontaneous combustion as they're heated by the airflow. If the igniter is properly aligned then I would look for a blockage in the fresh air intake duct.
Ron
I double checked. The igniter was not in right. I put it in right, still will not ignite. The exhaust blower is spinning and produces airflow out the exhaust. The other blower is not turning, but i think that doesnt come on until a certain temperature.

am i corrrect in my thinking that the intake air to the firepot comes through the pipe near the exhaust and airflow is created by the exhaust fan? I guess i dont know what I thought i knew about these things

You are correct...the air is sucked in through that pipe and expelled through the vent pipe.

Well i guess this weekend i gotta take the blowers oit and clean them and all the ductwork. Thats about all it could be. Unless that new igniter isnt really 400 watts