Proud new Fireview owner!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

akennyd

Hearth Supporter
Aug 19, 2009
North Carolina
Our Fireview arrived yesterday!! I am blessed to work in a warehouse with a loading dock and forklifts AND forklift drivers willing to help me get the stove and chimney from the delivery truck to my truck! They just loaded that thing right up on my truck in no time flat!!

Getting it out of my truck and into my garage...now that's another story...a couple of hours worth of story.

I have two words for the Fireview: BEAUTIFUL AND HEAVY!!!!!

I know others have mentioned how great this stove looks in person but I had my doubts to be honest. Now I have NO regrets. The stove is just beautiful, it's going to be like a piece of fine furniture in our home, really it is that good looking! The detail in the castings and the soapstone just look great together. Just AWESOME!

Now the heavy part...it is HEAVY!! I was a little worried about the stove looking small in the pictures I was seeing online. It's still not a large stove by any means but after seeing it in person, it in no way looks like a toy (as I called it in one post) and it certainly reminds you that it isn't when you go to move the dang thing. I managed to slide it off of my truck using 3 4x4's as a ramp. It was no small job! I had the BIL on the way but I figured the two of us wouldn't be able to lift it out of the truck anyway and I was right, it would be all the two of us could do to pick it up a few inches. The wife and I were joking this morning about how funny it would be if somebody were to come along and try and steal it. I told her I'd like to have video of that!!!

Now...if the stove burns like others on here have said, then I will be 110% happy with the purchase of this stove!!

I thought about posting pics but believe me when I say pictures don't do the stove justice.

Kenny

John 3:16

Congratulations Kenny. You are now the proud owner of one very fine stove!

Hey, you should have got a furniture dolly for moving that beast. It makes the job 10 times easier. Also if you have to lift it onto your hearth, remove the top lid, firebox door and firebrick. It is very easy to do and no tools needed. It take a lot of the weight off so it won't be so heavy.

You might also want to remove the shipping bolts from the cat before you light your first fire. There are only 2 bolts there. Or you may want to just loosen them so that when it comes time to clean the cat you can just remove the bolts with your fingers rather than using a wrench.

Take time to read the manual!

Do the break-in fires right. If you aren't sure of it, post here or send me a PM and we'll lead you through it.

Thanks Dennis! I really appreciate the advice you (along with Slow1, Todd and others) have given over the past few months.

I've been reading the manual some and I noticed the part about the bolts holding the cat in. I'll probably loosen them or just take them out depending on what I find after closer inspection.

Going to take my time with the break-in fires and I'll probably do them before I take the stove inside. I'm thinking about putting the stove right up next to one of my garage doors where I can open the door, put my adapter, thimble, T and stove pipe on the fire the stove up. After the stove is cool, I can just take all the pipe off and shut the door back down. The less I have to move this thing the better.

I WILL be either renting or borrowing (they have them here where I work) a dolly when it comes time to move the stove into the house.

Kenny

Kenny, also look at that cat before you remove it. You will see a bar on the back side. Or to put it another way, when you take the cat out, you'll see that bar. Don't try to put the cat in backwards! That bar is on there for a reason; so you know front from back.

Noted, thanks Dennis. I'll probably be playing around with the stove this evening and I'll take a look at that.

Kenny

I finally got around to installing my Fireview Sunday after it's been lying in wait for 8 months now. I'll give you a couple pieces of advice. I did most of the install myself. Hopefully you don't have to go up/down any stairs! Get a good dolly and strap the crate to the dolly. Most likely you will have to go from the side because the 2x4's on the bottom go front to back. No big deal, it's just a pain to lift it. I used 2x4's that I slid under the platform to decrease the angle I had to tilt it to get the dolly rolling. I built a couple of mini steps out of sideways 2x4's to make it easier to get up the one big step. I also laid down carpet and some more wood to just roll the stove onto the hearth. One thing to note, the base is the only piece of the "box" that is a pain to get off the stove. You have to lift the stove higher than you think to clear the base and slid it out. I did it with the help of one of my buddies but it is definitely a 3 person job. You can lift the top off, take the brick out, and door off which will make it a little lighter. I was a little annoyed because one of my buddies was running late and we ended up lifting the stove off of the base and setting it down in front of the hearth, moving the base, and putting the stove back. A little more work than needed but it is done! Good luck. There is no reason that you can't use 5 people to lift the stove and pull the frame out from underneath but 2-3 will do in a pinch, good luck with your install.

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Proud new Fireview owner!!
    PICT0002.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 289
Congrats Kenny,
Now get her hooked up and burning and give us some pics.

I used a fridge dolly with a strap to bring mine in the house. I did not have any steps to deal with.

Welcome to the family,

I joined 2 months ago. Switched from a sheet metal stove. Once you get the hang of operating the stove..... a few burns you'll love it even more.

This is a great location for all your Fireview and general woodburning questions.

Rick D

CT, is that Z-brick you used on the wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.