Problems with USSC 5660

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Srnewman1

Dec 11, 2021
Frazier Park, CA
Having problem with either the side board or wiring harness in that auger will stop running unless tension is put on auger wire at the board connection. Tried to order a new harness but they no longer carry them. Any thoughts? Tried to talk to a tech at USSC but no luck either.

Having problem with either the side board or wiring harness in that auger will stop running unless tension is put on auger wire at the board connection. Tried to order a new harness but they no longer carry them. Any thoughts? Tried to talk to a tech at USSC but no luck either.
I haven't looked at the way mine connects, but it sounds like maybe the connector at the board is loose/worn. Can you just replace that?

Just my initial thought

Sounds like either a bad wiring connection, or a crack in the circuit board solder. Probably the same board as mine, IIRC it should be fairly large paths and easy to touch up.

Reactions: Mt Bob