Pp130

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

DanimalPA

Sep 20, 2024
Shippenville, PA
Good evening. Bringing home a new Pelpro 130b-ds tomorrow and I have a question I’m hoping someone can answer. I plan to put this in the corner of a room and cover the wall behind it in air stone (decorative lightweight stone like veneer). Above it I had planned to install a corner mantle out of barn beams. However, there is nothing in the manual for clearances above the stove. Can anyone shed some light on this? I emailed Pelpro who responded telling me I had to put anything above the stove 36” or more from the top of the stove. This would make any kind of mantle look stupid up so high.being the stove is already 36” tall. Thoughts?

Not sure what you want anyone to say. The mfgr gave you the answer.

sam

There are non-combustible wood like mantles..
I presume the mfg said no combustibles 3 ft above the stove....

Reactions: Don2222