Pot filler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Scoot262

Oct 22, 2018
Dillsburg pa
I am currently renovating the downstairs to my bi-level home. Currently I have no water source downstairs. I was thinking about adding a pot filler in the area of the wood stove for filling the pots I put on top of my wood stove. I was curious if anyone else has done this. Does it look good?

Are you talking about the faucets they put over a rang to fill pots?
I am sure it would be helpful and look fine. Problem: most have plastic parts so you will need to maintain clearances to combustibles. Last thing you want is an indoor pool b/c the plastic parts failed from heat.

Are you talking about the faucets they put over a rang to fill pots?
I am sure it would be helpful and look fine. Problem: most have plastic parts so you will need to maintain clearances to combustibles. Last thing you want is an indoor pool b/c the plastic parts failed from heat.

That is exactly what I am talking about. Good thought on the plastic parts. Wouldn't want that to happen.