Possible Blaze King King Model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

mcmamist

Sep 25, 2024
Idaho
I have the opportunity to purchase this Blaze King. The gal I have been talking to is not sure which model it is and believes it was purchased in 2003. I think it may be the King but any insights would be greatly appreciated! I am also wondering if $1,000.00 is a reasonable price.

Thanks!

[Hearth.com] Possible Blaze King King Model

That is a King 1107. We produced that model up until 2015. Flashlight in hand, search everything. Post lots of pictures if possible. Ask about combustor and when or if it were replaced.

Close the door and latch it shut. Is it nice and snug, indicating good maintenance or is it loose, indicating no attention to maintenance.

BKVP

The last picture looks like the flame shield in front of the catalytic converter is missing. Never mind it’s there in the bottom left. Wonder why the flame shield isn’t installed? The thermometer that sits on the top of the stove is missing. In Canada $1000 is a reasonable price, personally I would count on replacing the catalytic converter and door gaskets, probably a $600 bill. Even if the converter is good it can’t hurt to have a spare sitting on a shelf.

When I replaced the door and window gasket our local HomeHardware was cheaper than amazon.ca for OEM gaskets.

Reactions: GG Woody
Be careful with other gaskets; regardless of their name ("dense") their thickness matters . Sometimes they do let air thru if they are not woven in the same way

Reactions: BKVP
Hmm 1,000 + 600 repairs= $1,600 for a well used 20 year old stove with rust around the flue collar. And unknown other possible issues?

What's a new king go for with the tax credit factored in?

A lot more

Hmm 1,000 + 600 repairs= $1,600 for a well used 20 year old stove with rust around the flue collar. And unknown other possible issues?

What's a new king go for with the tax credit factored in?
And tax credit...

BKVP