• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jostreeservice

Jul 11, 2024
New liskeard
I contacted Portage and main for pricing on a 2840 model. I was very impressed with everyone I talked to! they truly made me feel like a valued customer. I have done my research for months and I have came to the conclusion that there isn’t another stove like this one. Now days everything is made to be thrown out within 5-10years, but not portage and main, everything is replaceable unlike the competitors stoves. Furthermore, I believe a product should be built or tested in the harshest environments and this is exactly what they’ve done since 1973.

In conclusion, i am looking forward to receiving my stove and I’ll be doing a more detailed up to date review.

Thanks you Brian and Josh,

Joel Lacasse
Jo’s tree service

Good luck with warranty support. The owner ( I'm assume that's who you talked to ) is known to deny valid warranty claims.

There are a two other stove builders that I would have chosen over a P&M if I was looking at a multi-pass stove.

Reactions: Jostreeservice
Sounds like PM has some good salesmen these days

Reactions: Jostreeservice
I will say I have personally dealt with Brian on many occasions and have nothing but great results. Any question or issue I have had he has been on the phone with me giving suggestions and information as needed. I have had a couple times where it has been hard to reach Brian but he is a business owner and has multiple responsibilities, but he has always gotten back to me.

I will say I have personally dealt with Brian on many occasions and have nothing but great results. Any question or issue I have had he has been on the phone with me giving suggestions and information as needed. I have had a couple times where it has been hard to reach Brian but he is a business owner and has multiple responsibilities, but he has always gotten back to me.
I agree with you 100%! All my questions were all answered without missing a beat. I was impressed as well. As business owners it’s hard to find the time to get back to someone in the same hour, being busy isn’t always a bad thing :)

Reactions: cumminstinkerer