Portable woodshed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigAcres

Jan 2, 2019
Michigan
Hey all. I'm curious to know if anyone has built a portable wood shed and how big and how much they might weigh. I'm buying a set of forks for my tractor that are 43" long and rated for 4k lbs. I'm not too concerned with moving it while full but maybe partially. I started looking at pics oj the sticky thread but that'll take days to find specifically what I'm looking for. Pucs and idea would be great, thanks!

Someone else started a thread with a similar title not too long ago, try the search button see if it comes up.

Use pallets and make a five or four sided box. The pallets will allow for pallet forks and air movement. If you use two pallets for your base it's already 4X8, just use more pallets for three or four sides. Pallets can be a pain to get a hold of, but if you know a place that can get them, this will work. A dry cord of wood "should" weigh less than 4k lbs. Wet is another story and I think you are in the right track only moving it when half full.

I found the other thread. It didnt offee much info or pics. I'm thinking along tge lines of an actual structure but instead of the post going into the ground they would just attach to the base which I'd be able to pick up with the forks. I'm thinking a 6' high, 6' wide, 4' deep structure.