Polished cybertruck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Hearth Supporter
I saw one in person for the first time yesterday not really a fan of the look

Imagine what bird chit would do on the mirror-polished version. Stands out even more...

In my view a pick up truck is mostly useful because of its utility. I don't think the design choices of this thing benefit its utility.
Although the polish does have its utility, like this:

Imagine what bird chit would do on the mirror-polished version. Stands out even more...

In my view a pick up truck is mostly useful because of its utility. I don't think the design choices of this thing benefit its utility.
Although the polish does have its utility, like this:

Although for what the majority of people use trucks for there is enough utility. Certainly wouldn't work for me though

True - the majority of people don't need trucks imho :)
(And some do need them, very much.)

Reminds me of some toilet I saw someplace online...

The only realistic solution is a wrap. I saw one for the first time. Had to kids in the back and was covered in greasy kid hand prints. While my brother in law got an X 4 months after release and a Plaid maybe 6 months, he said he’s wait until next year. And not sure if he wants to ditch the driver screen for the single screen in CT. The more I look at it the more I think the Ford lighting is a more utilitarian choice but… it’s not a Tesla.

I think the Ford lighting is a more utilitarian choice
Exactly
but… it’s not a Tesla.

Lol, and that might be a pro for some folks :)

I do think innovation like this is useful to shake loose some stuck thinking about how things should be done. One has to accept though, that sometimes new thinking is worse than old thinking. (Not talking about the drive train here.)

Reactions: bholler
Exactly

Lol, and that might be a pro for some folks :)

I do think innovation like this is useful to shake loose some stuck thinking about how things should be done. One has to accept though, that sometimes new thinking is worse than old thinking. (Not talking about the drive train here.)
48v and drive by wire will be used in future vehicles.

I remember my dad being critical of the Airbus fly by wire mode (back when Boeing was still flying with mechanical means).
Yet, reliability does not seem to have suffered there (either).

48v and drive by wire will be used in future vehicles.
Eventually, possibly. To the average user however, this means nothing until they need parts and find out that they are rare and not available at the local autoparts store.

The only realistic solution is a wrap. I saw one for the first time. Had to kids in the back and was covered in greasy kid hand prints. While my brother in law got an X 4 months after release and a Plaid maybe 6 months, he said he’s wait until next year. And not sure if he wants to ditch the driver screen for the single screen in CT. The more I look at it the more I think the Ford lighting is a more utilitarian choice but… it’s not a Tesla.
The rivians seem to be doing pretty well also

In my eyes that an't no truck could not do what I need a truck to do

Reactions: stoveliker
yeah plenty of mirrored cars have rolled out before.
Justin Beber had one a while back.
Rock on Dudes.

Eventually, possibly. To the average user however, this means nothing until they need parts and find out that they are rare and not available at the local autoparts store.
Repairability is an issue. Tesla allows all owners access to the complete service manuals and the ability to purchase parts in person from all of the service centers that said the Tesla diagnostic tools last check were about $2700 a year.

I think a lot of these arguments were made back when automobiles transitioned to electronic fuel injection before OBD ports were standard. Mechanics and owners like learn new skills I do think working with high-voltage does pose an increase risk to the shade Tree mechanic but I do find Teslas system to be well interlocked

Compatible third-party parts will be available. It will just take time but I have come around to the opinion that OEM parts are superior and try to use them whenever possible even when they cost more I do have limits.

eBay how about any part you would need for a Tesla. The consequence of the high repair cost increased numbers of cars that are deemed totaled.

In my eyes that an't no truck could not do what I need a truck to do
Same here. But it will do what most truck owners need very well

Same here. But it will do what most truck owners need very well
as in drive with (only) one or two behinds in the seat...
That was my point above.

Charging next to a CT wrapped in black. Hope he doesn’t need a full charge on the 150kw chargers here. It’s not revving my jets. Closest I’ve been to one. Man they are massive but I just don’t know where all that space goes. If I had that money to spend I’d be getting a model X and a used truck to tow with.

Polished cybertruck

Charging next to a CT wrapped in black. Hope he doesn’t need a full charge on the 150kw chargers here. It’s not revving my jets. Closest I’ve been to one. Man they are massive but I just don’t know where all that space goes. If I had that money to spend I’d be getting a model X and a used truck to tow with.

View attachment 327813
Dealer sticker on the other side. It’s for sale!! Makes sense why it’s charging here.

If I had that money to spend I’d be getting a model X and a used truck to tow with.
It's a cyberpunk vanity vehicle, not a work truck and an ugly one at that.