Please tell me what this is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

clancey

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2021
Colorado
Please tell me what this is?

A stove? (With potentially combustible pieces on top.)

And a post in the wrong forum?

I.e. please pose your question a little more specific?

Don't know what kind of stove it is in order to post it somewhere and came across it looking for houses for sale and I have no idea what it is or that square thing on the top of it--some kind of stove I never saw before---how can one post it if they don't know what kind it is? So don't get smart with me and begreen will fix it after we find out what it is? Maybe it is a water container of some kind on the top for hot water? Interesting stove...clancey

I meant that this forum is for website suggestions. The stove and fireplace forum is better suited.

There is no square thing on top. The big black rectangle is a metal screen against the wall behind the stove.

It sure looks like it is sitting on top of the stove with knobs on it...If it just a screen then so be it but the stove is weird looking too and so very small looking--meaning shorter with a small door..At least it looks like that and maybe its the picture....strange...clancey..

Then I don't see what you see. I see a stove top, with a curved front edge, and a step in the top height about halfway to the back. There are a few christmas tree shaped things on top of the stove that are not part of the stove. No knobs on top.

Thanks "that's" a real optical illusion and now looking at it "your way" I see it now---thanks..so strange looking in that picture...thanks again....I cannot see the piping going to the top of the stove just a square looking type box sitting right on top of the stove..lol thanks..clancey

Reactions: stoveliker
Now I see it after I tilted my computer screen to get a lighter shade of picture---crazy..thanks..clancey

don't drop the screen!

Reactions: clancey
It says "THE DEFENDER" on the bottom of the door. That is from US Stove.

It sure looks like it is sitting on top of the stove with knobs on it...If it just a screen then so be it but the stove is weird looking too and so very small looking--meaning shorter with a small door..At least it looks like that and maybe its the picture....strange...clancey..
I think someone attached floor protection to the wall to reduce clearance that's the black thing you see. Also that looks like a staged photo the fire is probably photo shopped in, that the the new thing for realtors to do with fireplaces, first time I have seen it with a stove. Look close where the top of the flame touches the top of the door.

Reactions: stoveliker