!!!Please Help!!! Quadrafire model unknown

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rfareaux

Nov 23, 2023
Long Island, NY
Hello all,

I purchased a home w/ a quadrafire wood insert already installed. I love it but I cannot figure out model it is. I have a partial ID plate on the right side of the fireplace but it does not state the model.
I purchased a complete firebrick replacement kit b/c I thought it was the 5100i looking at the many models online. I removed all my existing brick to realize it the new bricks do not line up.
My fireplace has the 2 air vents in the back with a metal bar in between them (the 5100i doesn’t have the bar). My fireplace also has the 2 small fans on each side to blow the air out. It does not have a big blower system in the lower middle.
Production dat is 10/2004

I’ve attached as many pics as I can.

Thank you in advance for your help

IMG_0556.jpeg IMG_0559.jpeg IMG_0552.jpeg IMG_0553.jpeg IMG_0626.jpeg IMG_0629.jpeg IMG_0555.jpeg IMG_0554.jpeg

Last edited:
I think it's the ACT. The ACT is what feeds startup air through the two rear holes.

That doesn't look right. Look in the manual that I provided a link for. Your unit may be one of the first ACT models. I think they were made from about 2004-2011.

That’s very weird… that looks exactly like my stove in the manual but if you look at page 35 on the manual, brick #11 is 1 solid piece. The inside of my fireplace has a metal bar in between the 2 startup ports. That why I was thinking maybe the pre act model with the bricks that are cut on an angle by the startup ports

72245462123__8A90FCF4-5C00-489C-83DA-1E96ECDA6BDC.jpeg

The pre-ACT 5100i had no startup ports in the rear. It's possible that your stove is one of the first ACT models made and some brick changes came a little later or that at some point in the past one was substituted.

This is the 5100i brick layout from the January 2004 edition of the 5100i manual.

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 10.09.21 AM.png

The firebrick in the picture still has some life to it. Maybe get a few six packs of US Stove pumice firebrick and custom cut the special ones. That would drop the cost considerably.

The firebrick in the picture still has some life to it. Maybe get a few six packs of US Stove pumice firebrick and custom cut the special ones. That would drop the cost considerably.
That’s definitely my setup in that pic. When I started pulling the bricks out, at least half of them split in half so salvaging them will be tough. At least I know what I have now. Thank you again!!

That’s definitely my setup in that pic. When I started pulling the bricks out, at least half of them split in half so salvaging them will be tough. At least I know what I have now. Thank you again!!
Can you send the link to that manual?

That’s definitely my setup in that pic. When I started pulling the bricks out, at least half of them split in half so salvaging them will be tough. At least I know what I have now. Thank you again!
The rear bricks can take a beating, especially if the wood is banged against the back when reloading. They are usually the first to crack.
Can you send the link to that manual?

If your stove is one of the first ACT models off of the assembly line they may have used up some of the firebrick from the earlier model. The back of the firebox says this is an ACT version. They may have started production in September and October to build up inventory before releasing it in November 2004.

Reactions: Rfareaux
So according to the user manual you sent me, it says the firebrick set on page 21 is part# 832-1970, and the part # for the pre ACT firebox set is the same part number. That’s gotta be it right? The #5 brick in the installation diagram is shaped that way to accommodate for the 2 startup air feed holes. And the #4 brick sits on top of that metal bar that is in between the rear startup feed holes