Piping up a boiler?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 16, 2007
Falmouth, Michigan
Lot of good advice there. No sweeping commandments, just things to be aware of that could easily get you in trouble if you don't do your homework.

I especially like the one about the undersized circuit as a priority zone, for instance an indirect tank DHW load. That could be a frustrating puzzle until you figured it out

It's stuff like this that I could read all day! Lots of good info, and some of the things which I've seen in the feild as well. Noteably the three way mixing valve on a large radiant system, secondly, the globe valves for isolation.
Taylor

But then, if everyone read and understood this article, there wouldn't be nearly as many threads on this forum for us all to read on a rainy day like today.

Reactions: heaterman
Goose really should add this to that Useful Tidbits sticky. Good data. I may play with the equations to compare to the calcs in the Taco Datasheet. I've read here about this guy John Siegenthaler for years and he's spoken of as a legend. Looks like he's very much still alive (much to my surprise). Thx HM

Status
Not open for further replies.