Pioneer III too smart for me 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

frankinri

Sep 17, 2013
My last stove had no electronics so this thing is like a space ship for me. Anyone know how to run one of these?

I do not understand that SBT button.

Also the main issue I have is the thermostat is not working as expected. When its set to 75 it will not shut off the blower when it hits 75 it keeps pumping heat into the room. Not sure whats wrong or what I am doing. Only hooked this all up yesterday

Took off the thermostat and touching the wires seems to have no effect on it. Board?
That is a beautiful stove, hopefully someone here can help you out. Is it still under warranty? Have you tried calling their tech support?

Looks like SBT is the button that activates the thermostat, and you need to push it after each reload. I guess it runs in manual mode without the SBT.

SmartSelect_20201216-092613_Drive.jpg SmartSelect_20201216-092613_Drive.jpg SmartSelect_20201216-092613_Drive.jpg

Does this sbt or thermostat control the blower automatically? I expected once the room was up to temp it would shut down the blower and damper down the fire. I know it controls the air with an actuator. I am lost on how this thing works. So far no help from the dealer.