Pine Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Hearth Supporter
Nov 6, 2006
I have a Lopi Yankee pellet stove and have been burning American Fiber hardwood pellets. I had a friend give me three bags of Pine pellets. Before I burn them I was wondering if this would cause a problem?

in a pellet stove, pine pellets are desirable. They burn with less ash and usually more BTU's/lb. I think you got a bonus!

Burned tons of Lignetics pellets that were I believe mostly lodgepole pine. They burned fine.

Green, just bought my first ton of Lignetics, nice pellet! Burns hot, clean, and smells nice to boot (guilty of opening the door a bit at startup to get some pine smoke in the house).

Status
Not open for further replies.