pietro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pietro

Nov 14, 2017
CT
I have a Hydroflex 60 and have been using it for the six year. My issue today is that the feeder motor does not start. I checked the feeder motor and it is good, i checked the on and off switch and it is good, the vacuum switch is good. When i turn the stove on the blower motor comes on and stays on. I put the meter on the wires of the feeder motor to test for power and nothing. Could the circuit board be bad? or a relay. some help would be appreciated.

If there is no vac the auger will not work ! Plug the 2 vac switch wires together and
see if the auger works >

Here is your manual:http://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installManuals/HF60.pdf

Troubleshooting on pg 39:
FEEDER DOES NOT FEED
1. No pellets in hopper.
2. Firebox draft may be too low for low draft pressure switch in feeder circuit to operate. Check for improperly closed doors, loose or missing gasket on doors or hopper lid, or a faulty pressure switch.
3. Feed motor will not run until the ESP senses 170 deg. F. Maybe you did not put enough pellets in the burn pot before lighting the fire manually.
4. Something is restricting flow in the hopper or causing the slide plate to stick.
5. Feed motor has failed.

Here is your manual:http://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installManuals/HF60.pdf

Troubleshooting on pg 39:
FEEDER DOES NOT FEED
1. No pellets in hopper.
2. Firebox draft may be too low for low draft pressure switch in feeder circuit to operate. Check for improperly closed doors, loose or missing gasket on doors or hopper lid, or a faulty pressure switch.
3. Feed motor will not run until the ESP senses 170 deg. F. Maybe you did not put enough pellets in the burn pot before lighting the fire manually.
4. Something is restricting flow in the hopper or causing the slide plate to stick.
5. Feed motor has failed.

Thanks for the quick reply,
I checked all the above, i also replaced the pressure switch with a new one and still nothing.

have you cleaned every passage from burn pot to chimney? Cleaned the exhaust fan blades? Dollar test doors n seals?

pietro
Any blinking lights?

I replaced the vac switch the on off switch and still nothing.
You can change that switch 100 times IF THERE IS NO VAC TO THE SWITCH STOVE WILL NOT RUN

have you cleaned every passage from burn pot to chimney? Cleaned the exhaust fan blades? Dollar test doors n seals?

Yes, i totally cleaned the all stove at the end of the season, the chimney,burning pot, exhaust fan blades, and the dollar test on door and seals.

Jumped the vac switch?

Id ck the chimney birds are resorfull

Like Johneh said something is not letting the stove create a vacuum