Piazzetta Monia - ALF4 Error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LMMonia

Nov 13, 2020
New York
I’m a proud 7 year owner of a Monia. Never had issues until now...my exhaust fan got rusted over the summer and I just replaced it with a new one. It was working fine for a few minutes but now after 5-10 minutes I get a “smoke fan failure” “ alf4” error.

I did the troubleshooting steps in the manual but still no luck.

In addition the blower/fan is very loud now and it never used to be. It’s moving but it has a loud clicking. Ironically, when I press down on the orange rubber button at the end the noise goes away completely.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

I’m a proud 7 year owner of a Monia. Never had issues until now...my exhaust fan got rusted over the summer and I just replaced it with a new one. It was working fine for a few minutes but now after 5-10 minutes I get a “smoke fan failure” “ alf4” error.

I did the troubleshooting steps in the manual but still no luck.

In addition the blower/fan is very loud now and it never used to be. It’s moving but it has a loud clicking. Ironically, when I press down on the orange rubber button at the end the noise goes away completely.

Any suggestions on what I can do?
The ALF4 EXT-SMOKE message, is due to a smoke extractor speed anomaly (lower of the set value).
“ALF4” smoke extractor malfunction in STOVE STATS.
Cause A) No connection between the 3-pin terminal of the black-red-white cable of the ENCODER, the smoke extractor and the electronic board => Solution: Check the wiring and connections (see electrical diagram in appendix page 19 ) or replace the smoke extractor by (cod. RF02010400).

Cause B) Defective electronic board => Solution: Replace the electronic board.

Cause C) Wrong position of the black-red-white smoke probe on the electronic board => Solution: Make sure the probe is in the correct position (see wiring diagram in appendix page 19)

Attachments

• ALF4 anglais.pdf
    130.5 KB · Views: 278