Photo Thread; Fishers With a 3-Piece Top

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Haven't decided on what I'm doing with it yet. Might sell, I have other fisher stoves and would like to open some room up for another glass door fisher.

Did you buy it from an individual or from a business? Seems odd to have an old 3-piece top Fisher that never had a fire in it.

Did you buy it from an individual or from a business? Seems odd to have an old 3-piece top Fisher that never had a fire in it.

Bought it from a guy who had installed in his basement and never used it. 20190112_144335.jpg20190112_144335.jpg 20190112_144329.jpg

Reactions: Todd67
That's crazy, and awesome! A good find for sure. I wouldn't burn that stove now. There are too many newer Fisher stoves to heat with. It would be a collector piece for me, like my Coal Bear and Papa Bear.

Yes.It still has the original paint and fire brick. Here are a couple more pics.If you look close on the upper left leg there is a number 30.This is the only numbers that I can find on it. fisher stove 3.png fisher stove 1.JPG

Very cool, and a side flue as well.

I wonder what foundry made those misspelled "D" doors.

I think it would have cost too much to scrap them. They probably figured it's not a big enough deal to justify the loss. The economy in the mid 1970's wasn't good at all.

If you haven't read the Fisher Stove Story, I recommend you read the book. It's on this forum in a PDF format, and it's only about 123 pages.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lescarpentier
The only fabricator in Washiongton was in Seattle when that stove was built. That was Bob's cousin Barb Jorgenson and husband Frank.
IMG_20140107_0001.jpg

Do you know what foundry was making those "D" doors?

Cast in Oregon, shipped countrywide. My side vent collection has the early first door without trees, but I'd like to find just the mis-spelled door for a wall hanger without adding another stove just for the door..... I guess at this point why not? You know if one shows up locally I'll grab it.

Until your single vent Baby Bear door came along, I've only seen them on dual intake Mama / Papa doors.

I'll keep my eyes open for one. Fisher stoves are getting more scarce as the years go by but they still show up from time to time here,even though it is apparently illegal to sell them.A lot of them,maybe most, have been modified,some irreparably.I know of a Baby Bear with a treeless door but somebody put a newer bent handle on it and the chrome handle and pipe cap vent were replaced by a spring handle and newer vents. As the years went by people sadly upgraded or modified their stoves and lost the early caps and chrome knobs.I spent a year looking for a Baby Bear before I found one. Either they built a lot less of them or people are holding on to them.

Thanks for sharing the pics as info!

I'm maxed out on my Fisher stove collection. But I still really enjoy seeing what Fisher stoves are out there on the market.

I've noticed on these stoves with 3 piece tops that some of the ash fenders are attached between the front legs, and some ash fenders are attached overlapping onto the front legs.

Mine overlaps the front legs...

IMG_20191027_202451.jpg IMG_20191027_193808.jpg

1976 Grandpa Bear. It's not mine but I wish it was.

01212_8KbqyCiuUzx_1200x900.jpg

00808_3nBBAzU6e0X_1200x900.jpg

1976 Grandma Bear, not mine but I'd love to add it to my collection.

01212_8jbGIzHbRP4_1200x900.jpg

00C0C_2IFpsQyyNCv_1200x900.jpg