Pennwood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevemartin

Dec 11, 2013
Hagerstown, MD
Hi all,

I called around about 2 weeks ago to get some pricing on pellets around my area. Yesterday I called back to place an order and much to my surprise, all of the pellet pricing had increased by about $30 per ton across the board.
I usually use Turman's pellets but they are now around $300 a ton and they want $90 to deliver (10 miles away).

So I decided to go out on a limb and try a different pellet this year. A different supplier about 2 miles from the place that sells Turman's carries a few different brands but the lowest cost were the Pennwoods at $244 per ton with a delivery charge of $20.

I ordered 2 tons of the Pennwoods to be delivered tomorrow. I just hope they work okay for me. I read a few older reviews that said that they are a really nice pellet.

Has anyone here ever burned them before?

Thanks!

Steve

Hi all,

I called around about 2 weeks ago to get some pricing on pellets around my area. Yesterday I called back to place an order and much to my surprise, all of the pellet pricing had increased by about $30 per ton across the board.
I usually use Turman's pellets but they are now around $300 a ton and they want $90 to deliver (10 miles away).

So I decided to go out on a limb and try a different pellet this year. A different supplier about 2 miles from the place that sells Turman's carries a few different brands but the lowest cost were the Pennwoods at $244 per ton with a delivery charge of $20.

I ordered 2 tons of the Pennwoods to be delivered tomorrow. I just hope they work okay for me. I read a few older reviews that said that they are a really nice pellet.

Has anyone here ever burned them before?

Thanks!

Steve
Pennwoods? I have heard of Pennington pellets from Walmart and they are terrible from what I have heard for reviews. I actually saw an open bag that was damaged at the store and some pellets are 4 inches long, my auger wasn't intrested, so I didn't try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.