pelpro 60 problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

metermaid2

Feb 1, 2018
LaPorte,IN
i have a pelpro 60 stove.the burn starts out great but then part are burning and some arent.also this started after real bad wind storm few weeks back,any ideas

Wind loosened up some ash in the pipe and restricting the air flow through the stove

Time to suck it out with a leaf blower.

where do i use the leaf blower,outside exhaust,inside.I havent done this yet
Outside on the cleanout Tee or on the end of the venting. Pretty much SOP with any biomass stove. Leave the door open on the stove when you suck it or you'll destroy the vacuum switch.

They should be sucked at least twice in a heating season and once in the spring too.

We have a couple of PP130s, but they share the basic design of the PP60.

I read your post to mean that the pellets in the burn pot are burning in some places, but not others.

Have you been cleaning and scraping the burn pot, including reaming the air holes to keep them free from carbon deposits?

We empty ours daily, scrape every other day, and ream the holes with a drill bit on the end of a dowel weekly. We've found scraping to be much easier and more effective with a 1-inch chisel instead of the scraping tool that came with the stove.

Missing a few days of cleaning and scraping makes a noticable difference in the evenness and efficiency of the burn.

If the burn pot is easily removable (like mine is on my 6039), the hot setup for removing ALL the carbon and clearing the holes is, remove the pot and toss it in a bucket of hot water and let is soak for a half hoor. That will remove the carbon. Then take a piece of coarse Scotchbright and remove what is left in the pot.

Been doing that for years and I never scrap or chisel the pot. In fact, I have 2 pots. One is soaking while the other is in the stove and they get exchanged when I clean it weekly.

I gave up in the chipping deal years ago.

Time to suck it out with a leaf blower.
I have asked several people about using a leaf blower to suck ash out.is there a certain kind cause noone ever heard of that.Trust me I clean inside out daily. I do know the ehaust needs clean.I have used a flue brush and that helps.also get a lot of ash on baffles

Here is one, there are others, you get the idea: