Pellets won't feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bancroftj

Jan 5, 2015
Sears. MI
Hello everyone I'm new to this group. I have a ECO-CAB50 and the pellets will not feed into the burn pot. I have check the vacuum tube. Removed auger checked for blockage in feed tube. Still nothing. Call light is on exhaust blower starts but no feed or ignition. The exhaust blower remains on. It worked last night now nothing.This is the third year I have had the stove. Could it be the control box

No, just a wire between the wires to the vac switch so the board thinks there is a vacuum and complete the auger circuit. Did you by chance try and power the auger motor with a separate cord to check if it works or is toast?

Reactions: Owen1508
Unplug stove before rooting around inside!

Many set up a test line - wire with connectors on each end to bypass component that may be the problem. Some use a paper clip but be very careful that it can't short the system. This is for temporary test purposes only ...

Did you clean out the hose barb at the exhaust blower end? When was the last time you pulled the blower and cleaning blades and interior (likely require gasket)?

Keep us posted and welcome to the forum!

The draft fan being on could signal a high temp switch as well, Not that familar with the unit. If it has a thermodisc or not.

The draft fan being on could signal a high temp switch as well, Not that familar with the unit. If it has a thermodisc or not.
??????

I'm afraid that is beyond my scope of "do it yourself". Thank you for your suggestions
It's refreshing to see someone actually admit their limits before we spend 275 posts trying to give a degree in mechanical/electrical engineering. :) Thanks for that.
Your problem is probably quite simple. Even so simple as to just needing a good thorough cleaning but your comment about needing an electrical tester was a dead give-away that you needed some professional help. That help could come in the form of a buddy who is mechanically and electrically inclined. Once he sees the schematic in your owner's manual, he could isolate the problem AFTER a complete cleaning.
If that person doesn't exist in your circle of friends, then it's time to call a real professional. Hopefully, such a person exists near you. Ask for references and if he knows your stove brand and has worked on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.