Pellet Supply 2014-2015

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigger

Burning Hunk
Jan 1, 2014
Wareham,Ma.
Looks like we might be getting into a shortage of pellets again this year already and the season has just began. Last month I went to a supplier I have used in the past. At the time they only had a single pallet of LG's on site. I bought 25 of the bags and left the others for someone else who might be in need. Well since then I've been firing up my stove at night just to keep the chill off. But shutting it down in the morning before I headed to work.
This morning I called that supplier to see if the had received their order in yet. They told me that they have been calling around trying to locate pellets. But have not been able to locate any. So I called 2 other suppliers and both of them told me the same story. That pellets are becoming hard to come by. I'm hoping that this isn't the beginning to the end of the pellet season already. I still have horror stories going through my mind from last fall.

Get what you can for now but I think by December things will calm down. People can only store so much and demand will taper off. Oil prices are dropping to so many will likely burn oil if it ends up being cheaper. We are just seeing what happened last year only earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.