Pellet stove too close to couch?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Worrier2019

Feb 26, 2019
Sydney
Hello, this is my first time posting in this forum. I just bought a new sectional couch and it ends up sitting pretty close to my pellet stove. I measured and it's about 2 feet away. I felt the part that's closest to the stove and it's not getting hot, but I'm just wondering what others think and if anyone else has had things this close to their pellet stoves. I looked in my manual and I'm not seeing anything in regard to distances for furniture. I have posted some pictures below for an idea of what the space looks like. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Pellet stove too close to couch?
    IMG_20190226_084905.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 522
    IMG_20190226_084921.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 629
I have a couch that is very close to the stove .
it has been there a number of years and
Does not even get warm I see no
problem . Other might see it different
Just my 2 cents

Reactions: Worrier2019
Looks fine to me. As long as you're within your stove's required clearance to combustibles, which you should be. Also the overhead pic shows that you're not in the way of the airflow out the front of the stove, so that's good too.

Depends on the stove.Clearances should be in your manual.But,your stove does not look to be a heat monster,and,the screen in front dissipates heat.Beginning of winter,I stack pellets along the sides of my accentra.I think you will be fine.

Depends on the stove.Clearances should be in your manual.But,your stove does not look to be a heat monster,and,the screen in front dissipates heat.Beginning of winter,I stack pellets along the sides of my accentra.I think you will be fine.

Thanks for the response! The only clearances I could find were the ones in the picture below for the floor protection. I wasn't sure if this included the clearance for furniture or not. But yes you right, it's not a heat monster by any means!

Attachments

Screenshot_20190226-200454.png
    234.6 KB · Views: 659
I keep all my cleaning tools under it. I would not keep any Primacord/Primaline/Primashear under your stove. But that would be ok where your couch is.

In the Military saw them do tree removal with primacord. Really cuts them down in Microseconds.